This is a great article that appeared on the website Proud Green Home that mentions several home improvement options with window film. Although the article was focused on how residential window films can make your home more energy efficient, we wanted specifically to share the seven ways they listed that your home would benefit from installing window film. The list was as follows:
- Reduces Glare – When you get your home windows tinted, then it will result in blocking significant amount of sun’s glare. This in turn avoids sun’s glare from blocking the outside view or your vision.
- Protect your House Interiors – The strong and harsh UV rays of sun can penetrate through windows of your house. However, prolonged exposure can damage your house furnishings, carpet, rugs and upholstery with passage of time. Window tinting offers the best solution for fading issue. Window tinting helps in blocking sun’s rays that can diminish the look of your house furnishings.
- Energy Savings – Window tinting acts as an insulator which keeps heat out in summer season and prevents loss of heat in winter. This helps house owners in decreasing their utility bills to a great extent.
- Privacy – It offers utmost privacy to your house, whilst still offering you unobstructed view outside.
- Improves Overall Design – Apart from its functional abilities, window tinting accentuates overall design of your house that too without compromising on windows core functionality of providing ventilation and light. Window tint is available in impressive colours and shades. Opt for shade that suits well with your home decor/design theme.
- Enhanced Safety & Security – Accidents happen and it is rare for a window to get broken. In case, when a glass breaks it shatters into small pieces and spreads around. It can prove very dangerous to any person standing nearby window. Window tinting creates a barrier and helps to hold glass in place and in turn helps you to avoid any accidents caused due to glass breakage.
- Affordable Alternative – You can replace deteriorating and damaged windows with window tinting process, which proves as an affordable option. Besides this, it also proves as an energy efficient option. The cost for quick and professional installation of window tint is about 1/10th of the cost of replacing windows.
You can check out the complete article on home improvement with window tinting written by Bency George by clicking HERE
Contact the team at Sun Solutions at 218-348-0600 for an absolutely free, no obligation consultation and quotation on using window film on your next home improvement project.